The Austin music scene through the eyes of a programmer/music enthusiast/show-goer

Monday, January 30, 2006

New Centro-Matic: Fort Recovery

Ru reminded me that Centro-Matic has a new one coming out March 7th on Misra Records. It's called Fort Recovery, has 12 songs, and is quite good, as most of their records are. Patterson Hood of Drive-By Truckers had this to say:

"Centro-matic is my favorite band that is still vital and intact. All four of them together for ten years now. Their brand new album is their best yet. My un-mastered CD copy is my favorite album of 2006 and honestly my favorite new album of the past five years. I have listened to it several times a day for three weeks straight and like those great masterpieces of old I still find new things to love at every listen.

Centro-matic's Fort Recovery is a masterpiece, and I don't use that word often."


Wow, that has to be most compelling unpaid endorsement I've ever seen. Triggers and Trash Heaps is the current single out now, which will also be on the full-length:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ru said...

For those of you who don't know (ha), I challenged Derek to hook me up with the unreleased CD from Centro-matic, because I heard a KVRX DJ say that it's impossible to find. Derek hooked me up with the album in seconds. It is a really good album, and I'm not being paid to say that either.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous sam g said...

derek paid me to say that i love him. ok he didn't. [SOB]

ps. the centro matic disc is quite good. denton what?

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home