The Austin music scene through the eyes of a programmer/music enthusiast/show-goer

Friday, January 13, 2006

SXSW Updated Band List

Yeah, I'm posting this late as shit, but whatever. Anyhow, something worth checking out that you might not have seen is Angry Robot's Parsed SXSW Band List, which is considerably kinder on the eyes than the list on the official site.

A whopping 104 Austin acts made the cut! Below are some of my favorites:

The Arm, Belaire, The Black Angels, The Glass Family, I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness, Jana Hunter, Knife In The Water, Moonlight Towers, My Education, The Paper South, Shearwater, Single Frame, Sound Team, Voxtrot, Weird Weeds, What Made Milwaukee Famous, Zykos.

Right off the top of my head, I noticed no listing for Cue, Clap! Clap!, or Peter And The Wolf, but this list is just preliminary. Here's hoping they'll show up in due time...

Also:

While we're on the subject of SXSW, check out Threadless' SXSW hearts threadless competition page. I'll most likely be buying the winning shirt.

3 Comments:

Anonymous angryrobot said...

Thanks for the mention. Good luck with your new blog.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Derek said...

For sure. So I'm curious how you knew I made the mention. Are you just analyzing referring traffic?

4:00 PM  
Anonymous angryrobot said...

Yeah, I use Sitemeter to monitor referring hits.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home