The Austin music scene through the eyes of a programmer/music enthusiast/show-goer

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Insane SXSW Line Rant

The subject of this post is the subject of an email I just received from a friend who recently braved the SXSW Music wristband line at Waterloo Records this morning. This stuff is way too good not to share with the rest of you. So here's the email in its entirety:

Bottom line... I got my wristbands. The part that makes me want to kill:30 seconds after I get in line, another guy gets in line behind me. He asks a couple of questions, kind of friendly, but as the line starts to move, he's off to the side so he starts to inch in front of me. After a while he's standing directly in front of me. I'm pissed, but not enough to do anything about it yet. As we get closer, he eventually wedges himself in front of the three girls in front of me, then an old dude, then some dude my age... and nobody's saying anything. So I decided it was time to check that motherfucker, so I go grab his shoulder and tell him to get in line where he's supposed to be , and he's all apologetic "Oh, I'm sorry, I was just trying to keep my place." not noticing he just cut in front of 6 people... so he backs up, and stands IN FRONT OF ME... I eventually got myself back in front of him (see, this drama played out over about 30 minutes), and then his friend , who just got there, starts talking to him and cuts in line. We're maybe 15 minutes from the door, so this asshole didn't have to wait at all. And the final insult to me was that as we got inside, they were running out of cheap bands, and they had a cash-only line. He was paying cash so he was able to get cheap bands while I had to get the more expensive ones. And I had considered calling out his friend as he was about to pay, asking very loudly how long he had to wait in line... but didn't ... and I regret that so much... fucking bitch indie kid with a pink sickle and hammer on his motorcycle helmet. So anyway, I cast a hex on both of them so with any luck they'll have an uncontrollable urge to crap while they're watching a band at emo's... I pity the fool who has to take a crap there.

I salute you Nick and commend you on your seeking revenge via witchcraft. Here's hoping the stall is occupied and they have to shit up the trough (in case you're clueless, see the header image of this site).

6 Comments:

Anonymous sam g said...

holy shit man. that does truly lick. that guy is so gonna have to peep the piss trough of death. a hex on him and his entire family line. if i see any pink sickle moto dudes ... straight up boot to the head (in the general direction of the piss trough). good day.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous allen said...

man, that's fucking ridiculous

1:21 PM  
Anonymous nick said...

Allow myself to clarify:

When I say "fucking bitch indie kid", I mean no offense to fucking bitch indie kids in general.

I should have just lit them both on fire right there, but then I probably would have had to leave the sxsw line - no good.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous angryrobot said...

It never fails to amaze me the kind of shit people will pull, confident that 99% of the time nobody will say anything out of fear of confrontation. One day, that dude will cut into a line of sleep-deprived, food-deprived, damp, cold, very angry people just looking for an excuse to riot and beat the hell out of someone...

p.s. Thank God I got my wristbands last night.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

youch, that's a pretty rough hex. sounds like puto & co. have it coming though.

-justin

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and what the hell is wrong with what the guy did? the answer is nothing. why the fuck should he care that he's cutting people off that he doesn't know? next time you should do the same thing ... little bitch emo kids

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home