The Austin music scene through the eyes of a programmer/music enthusiast/show-goer

Friday, February 24, 2006

The Paper South - First (and Free!) EP

The Paper South are a newish band out of Austin composed of three parts ex-winslow and one part ex-amanset. According to their website, they blend "a shoegazer upbringing with assorted classic and contemporary influences". Shoegazer? Seen the name of this site? Coincidence... I think not.

Naturally, I'm excited about these guys and their first EP, which is self-titled and available for download here. Seriously, listen to it. Now.

They'll be having two release parties for it this coming week, with an in-store at End of an Ear this Saturday @ 6:00pm (with free beer) and then a show at Emo's next Wednesday. I think I won tickets to the second show from KVRX, but I was pretty soused when I supposedly won them.

Anyhow, I'll probably end up going to both shows, so you should look for me... I'll be that annoying jackass with the camera. Please don't hit me or say shitty things about me under your breath.

FYI, I got most of this info from the great Austinist.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do i get to your old posts?

7:31 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

hey anon, you can always get to previous month's posts by clicking on a month under the "Archives" section on the right side of this page.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home