The Austin music scene through the eyes of a programmer/music enthusiast/show-goer

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sound Team @ Beerland, 2/5/2006

How 'bout that? Only about a month late on posting on this show, but better late than never, right? If my medium-term memory serves me correctly, this was a really great last-minute show by Sound Team, having just come off of a tour of the west coast.
Probably the most memorable thing was this crazy, polo-shirt + khaki pants wearin' frat guy that danced around like an absolute coke fiend all night, right in front of the stage no less. Too bad I didn't get any shots of that spectacle, but I didn't want him to think I was actually digging his moves. Anyhow, here's what I did manage to capture on film (or, uhhh... I mean CF card):

Matt Oliver on vox

Sam Sanford and Bill Baird (also seen here)

Jordan Johns on drums

Michael Baird and Gabe Pearlman tweakin'
the knobs, tapes, faders, etc.

Their music and this picture sometimes remind
me of The Walkmen (a really good thing)

See all 20 photos at my flickr page.

THEN SEE THEM LIVE:

FEBRUARY 25 - Limelight (San Antonio)
MARCH 9 - The Engine Room (Houston)
MARCH 10 - Good Records In-Store, 4pm (Dallas)
MARCH 10 - Gypsy Ballroom (Dallas)
MARCH 11 - Emo's (Austin)
MARCH 15 - Emo's (Austin)
MARCH 16 - Buffalo Billiards (Austin)
MARCH 17 - La Zona Rosa (Austin)
MARCH 17 - Big Orange (their studio in Austin)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like the border you put around your photos. it's nice and smokey. good day.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

why... uhhh... thanks. blogger kind of does that automatically for me, but it is nice.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home