The Austin music scene through the eyes of a programmer/music enthusiast/show-goer

Saturday, March 04, 2006

I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness @ Emo's, 3/2/2006

Just a quick post before I head off to let The Arm massacre my eardrums (for the 12,578,489th time) at Beerland tonight. So, as promised, here is the ol' photo recap from I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness' CD Release show at Emo's the other night.

As I mentioned, the party didn't end on Thursday after leaving the Single Frame/Loxsly show at The Parish, and so after Single Frame wrapped up around 12:30 I headed over to Red River just in time to catch ILYBICD's 12:40 set. I hadn't seen these guys since they opened up for The Album Leaf last year, so I was looking forward to hearing the new tunes off of their stellar debut LP, Fear Is On Our Side, performed live.

If there's one thing worth mentioning about this show, it has to be how well these guys play together in the live setting. As I commented over at The Rich Girls Are Weeping, Christian Goyer and Co. without a doubt take the cake as Austin's tightest band these days. Here's hoping they get the credit they deserve once the new album hits shelves next week.


The full band


Christian Goyer sounded awesome


I can't get enough of Edward Robert's bass lines,
especially the one on "According to Plan" (mp3)


I, by posting this photo, in no way endorse
the consumption of Miller Lite (unless it's free)

See all 7 photos from this show at my flickr page.

In other ILYBICD news, Depraved Fan Girls posted a great article on them and their new record here.

Also, be sure to see them at SXSW, and if you're from Austin, I'd also recommend checking them out before the SXSW Music madness ensues at the following (now free and open to the public) event:

March 12 - Upcoming.org, Flickr, Del.icio.us Happy Hour - Iron Cactus (6th and Trinity)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home