The Austin music scene through the eyes of a programmer/music enthusiast/show-goer

Friday, March 31, 2006

This Weekend

As it turns out, there's some really good stuff going on this weekend over at everyone's favorite shithole, Emo's.

Tonight, Friday, 3/31

INSIDE STAGE: Local indie show Peter and the Wolf/ Possesed by Paul James/ Madeline/ The Harpeth Trace / Navajo Radio

Man, I have fallen crazy in love (yes, just like Beyonce) with that Peter and the Wolf self-titled LP I bought a couple months ago. It's probably my favorite disc of folk tunes ever. No lie.

In addition to his beautiful recordings, Red's live show is like no other you've ever witnessed. Put simply, every time I see him perform I am reminded of why I came to love music in the first place. His raw, genuine passion for song makes me forget about all the fashion, trends, and pretentiousness attached to this whole music thing. I get happy when I see this guy perform, and that's all I care about.

Tomorrow, Saturday, 4/1

OUTSIDE STAGE: Black Angels (cd release) / Bellaparker / Strange Boys/ Angelus.

Now, shifting gears from folk to dirty, psychadelireverbifried rock. Be here Saturday night to celebrate the release of The Black Angels' fantastic debut LP, Passover. This was the only band I saw three times at SXSW, and they live in Austin no less. That's how flippin' good they are. Here's track one off of the new record:


Also, friends of a friend The Strange Boys will be opening, who are quite good in their own right. Listen to some songs here. Said friend promises that they blow away their recorded work live, so go check them out and shake his hand when they become your new favorite band.

See you at the piss trough...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
get a new game system, Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I sold mine and got some extra cash!

game system

11:18 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

oh holy shit! no way?! extra cash is awesome. thanks so much.

now go fuck yourself.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Bring earplugs for the Strange Boys. They rock out!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous ru said...

Readers, don't be fooled by Derek's dropping of the F bomb. Derek is a lamb.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home